System Overview of Video Encoders
The video encoders help you migrate your existing CCTV system into the digital world. There are single-channel and multiple channel video encoders.
This is a cost-effective solution for transmitting high-quality digital video over computer networks. Bridging the analog-digital technology gap, the video encoder complements any previous investments in analog cameras and avoids extended problems with complex coaxial cabling.
The video encoders accommodate one or many analog video streams, depending on the model. System integration and network utilization are optimized with sophisticated functions such as built-in motion detection, SNMP and simultaneous Motion JPEG and H.264/265 streams. Powerful event management tools include image upload, alarm notification, and I/O control. Pan/tilt/zoom control is done over the serial port, enabling PTZ and dome camera handling over the network.
A complete set of security features, including multiple user access levels, HTTPS encryption, and IP address filtering, ensure secure video handling and configuration. The Video Encoders offer a de-interlace filter that eliminates interlace artifacts from NTSC/PAL cameras. In addition, the encoders provide one audio stream in each direction, enabling users to not only see, but also listen in on an area and communicate requests or orders. For surveillance installations that require many video camera conversions, there are blade versions of the video servers that are available for use with the Rack Solution. Specification example
Features and Benefits
- High quality, de-interlaced video at 30 (NTSC) or 25 (PAL) frames per second per channel
- Simultaneous Motion JPEG and MPEG-4 streams
- Multiple resolutions and compression levels
- Advanced event handling includes built-in video motion detection with multiple ways of notification via e-mail, TCP and HTTP, and video uploading via e-mail, FTP and HTTP
- 4 freely configurable alarm inputs and 4 outputs
- 9 MB pre/post alarm memory per channel
- Support for dome cameras and Pan/Tilt/Zoom devices, uploadable PTZ drivers
- Integrated two-way audio support
- HTTPS encryption for network security
- Powerful HTTP-based application programming interface (API) for integration with applications
- Image customization with text, time/date, and image overlay
- SNMP (SNMPv1/v2c/v3 MIB-II) support for network management
- Many encoders support more than 20 simultaneous viewers