- Door Access Control System Diagrams
- Specifications of Access Controller
- Door Readers
- Access Control Management Software
- Models available
IP Access Control Systems for Small to Enterprise Systems
The controller connects to the network and is powered using PoE. It supports a single reader or back-to-back readers. Also available as a two-door system. The door controller connects to the network and is powered using PoE, making this very easy to install and expand.
The door controller is mounted in a small ABS enclosure. It is designed to be mounted above the secure side of the door, but it can also be placed somewhere else in the area near the door. When it is placed above the door, the optional built-in PIR sensor can be used as an automated Request to Exit.
IP Door Access Control Features include:
- A very flexible controller that can mount on top of the door and provide a built-in motion detection function.
- Supports Readers with Mobile Credentials
- Each door controller supports up to two readers. You can select inside and outside readers, with or without motion detection, or two separate door control.
- Operates even if the network is down (as long as the controller has power).
- Integrates with IP Camera Systems
- Provides Elevator Floor Control
- The same controller modules can be ganged together inside a central control box that can be used to retrofit older door access control systems.
- The controller provides power for the electric lock.
- Includes an optional built-in motion detector that can provide the Request to Exit (REX) function.
- The controller can control two readers (inside and outside the door) or two separate doors.
- Integrates with many fire alarm systems
- 256-Bit AES Encryption: Protects data at a level often required by high-security environments such as financial, military, municipal and hi-tech organizations
System Diagram for Door Controller Connections
The controller attaches to the network and is powered over Ethernet (PoE).
The controller provides optional connections to all the devices required to provide complete door access control.
The built-in relays control the lock and provide the capability to support two readers.
Many different door readers are available. You can select, RFID proximity readers which include 125 kHz versions, HID compatible readers, Smart Card readers, biometric readers, and Bluetooth connected Smartphone credentials.
The following diagram shows an example of how all the access controllers are attached to the network. All the controllers connect to a PoE type network switch.
Door Access Controller Specifications
Wire Gauge/Type: 2-conductor stranded 22 AWG, Shield: Recommended, Length: up to 152 m or 500 ft.
You can select readers that support standard proximity card credentials or others that allow you to use your smartphone as the credential. The proximity readers support 125KHz credentials or the new 13.56MHz Smartcard format. The 125KHz readers support either proprietary format 125KHz prox credentials (that costs less) or an HID prox card format.
The HID format is branded by HID and costs more. The HID type readers are usually used when the organization already has HID type credentials.
The door reader that supports smartphone credentials connect over Bluetooth.
Door Access Management Software
The door access control software allows you to control a very large number of doors and the people that use them. It provides advanced functions such as logic if-then functions, and allows you to control elevators, visitors, and integrates with IP camera systems.
Even though the door access management software provides advanced features, it is very easy to use and intuitive.
The management software can be installed at your site or from a cloud server. It uses a browser window that’s compatible across all platforms from desktop to mobile.
Product sheet for Access Control Management Software
Features of Door Access Software
- Administer your Access Control System from any Browser-Enabled Device: Tablet, Smartphone, laptop or PC
- Easy Video integration into many video management software systems (VMS).
- Our unique communication protocols allow the controllers to broadcast and reach out for the webserver rather than the other way around as so many other systems employ. This eliminates Port Forwarding
- Intuitive, easy to use action plan editor allows you to create complex action plans in minutes
- Advanced logic functions provide complex branching action plans to meet your business needs. Over 40 customizable actions Including HTTP requests, door overrides, SMS messaging and emails actions
- Flexible trigger engine allows you to trigger action plans from the door, input, output state changes, or trigger action plans upon scheduled times
- Elevator Control allows you to control what floor people can go to
- Active Directory support, on both the administrator levels as well as cardholder/user levels
Models Available for Door Access Control
IP Door Access Control Kits that include the controller and reader
|SDC-XB-BT100Kit||Kit includes a Controller and Mobile Credential Mullion reader.
|Kit with PoE Controller and Mobile Credential Reader with keypad
|SDC-MB-BT100Kit:||Kit with Motion Detector PoE Controller and Mobile Credential Reader
|SDC-XB-RF100Kit||Kit includes a PoE controller and Proximity Reader
|SDC-XB-RF120Kit||Kit includes a PoE controller and a Proximity Reader with Keypad
|SDC-XB-RF200FKit||Kit includes a controller and a door reader that supports HID credentials
|SDC-XB-RF223FKit||Kit includes a controller and HID compatible reader with keypad
Product sheet for Door Control kit
Door Controllers Without the Readers.
These controllers can be used with many different types of door readers.
You can select from several types of Wiegand type readers that connect to these controllers.
For more details, please contact us at 800-431-1658 in the USA, or at 914-944-3425 everywhere else, or use our contact form.