Digital Contact Tracing Concept
The ZoneTag system provides digital contact tracing for all people inside your organization. This safety control system provides the automated health tracing required in today’s environment. Not only does it meet the needs of the current pandemic, but it can be used in the future to track any new health issues transmitted between the people who work and visit your organization.
This system provides an accurate, reliable, and easy-to-implement workplace contact tracing system. It allows employers to safely bring their employees back to the office while reducing the risk of a future shutdown due to infected employees.
The system doesn’t violate the users’ privacy by tracking their movements and locations. It only records that they came close to another person.
The ZoneTag system doesn’t use a cellphone, GPS, or an app. It provides a device-based tracing solution that ensures compliance, reliability, and incorporates a unique approach to privacy protection. The system consists of tags that people carry, a gateway receiver that connects through a cell network to a cloud database.
Each tag collects the contact information and sends it to the gateway. The gateway transmits the information to the central cloud database. If someone in the organization gets sick, the database can be used to instantly find all the other people they were in contact with thus reducing the spread of disease.
The Digital Contact Tracing Tag
Each person receives a tag that is used for contact tracing. A tag has a unique ID number that is assigned to the person who will be wearing the tag. The tags use Bluetooth 5 communication protocol to detect other tags near them. When tags get close together, they record the other tags’ ID numbers.
The information collected by the tag is broadcast to the gateway. The system uses a proximity-based method that is more accurate than GPS and does not track locations.
Contact Tag Features
- Sniff other “Tags” through Bluetooth 5 to trace contacts
- The contact exposure level is defined by the amount of time spent within the contact zone.
- Send the anonymized contact info to “Gateways” via
- Bluetooth 5. (Subsequently, the Gateways will send the data to the cloud.)
- 6-month replaceable battery (no charging of tags are needed)
- 1MB of memory (enough for storing contact data for 7 days)
- Waterproof – IP67 Certified
Digital Contact Tracing Gateway
The contact tracing gateway collects and transfers the information to the cloud database. Several gateways can be used depending on the size of the organization. Each gateway collects contact data from many tags.
Tracing Gateway Features
- The gateway uses the cellular network to transfer the data to the cloud database.
- No WiFi connection needed.
- Bluetooth 5 has ~800ft range.
- Very simple to install
- Depending on the layout of the space, multiple Gateways are needed
- The gateway can work with 100 tags simultaneously and cover a minimum of 30,000 square feet of open area.
- Gateways can be placed strategically (e.g. common areas, front desk, elevator bank, etc.)
Digital Contact Tracing Cloud Database
The central database server maintains the history of all the tags from each organization. Each tag includes the ID of the person who owns the tag. If someone in the organization becomes sick, the database provides a list of all the people that person came in contact with.
Contact Cloud Database
Contact Tracing Cloud Features
- User database: Stores who owns which “tags”
- Contact database: Keeps track of all the contacts
- Match-maker: Connects the two databases above (devices/contacts with users/employees), only when a Covid-19 case was diagnosed
- Admin dashboard: When a positive Covid-19 case is reported by an employee or health department, employers will able to see the contact risk info. It gives instant notification to the employers about who should quarantine
Digital Contact Tracing Benefits
- Affordable and Scalable
- No need to buy company phones, smartwatches, or require employees to use their personal phones to download an app. This system can fit any budget.
- Employee Friendly
- No apps to download to user’s personal phones. Avoids pushback from employees about privacy concerns.
- Gives Employers Risk Management Ability
- It gives the employer full control over their contact tracing system to ensure compliance and reliability.
- Easy Visitor Integration
- Simply give each visitor a ZoneTag tag as part of the normal check-in process
- No GPS location or Third-Party Data is required to implement the tracing system
- The ZoneTag system does not collect employee location information. It simply identifies the ID of nearby tags. We are a technology and security company that never monetizes data or shares with third parties.
To learn more about Contact Tracing, read our article How Digital Contact Tracing Systems Work. The article describes what contact tracing is, and describes several ways to provide contact tracing automatically.
Learn more about protecting your organization with temperature and mask screening access control panels, emergency panic buttons, and emergency alert systems.
To learn more about how the contact tracing system can be installed in your organization, contact us at 800-431-1658 in the USA, or 914-944-3425 everywhere else, or use our contact form.