Intercom for Apartments and Large Organizations
An apartment intercom is an intelligent panel with a touchscreen that allows the user to talk to a person living or working in a multi-tenant facility. This IP intercom panel provides wireless audio and video communication to the tenants.
Overview of Apartment Intercoms
The TruView-Touch7 Apartment Intercom attaches to your network and includes a door relay that can release the electric lock at the door. It is designed to increase security in any organization that has multiple tenants. Since the intercom connects to the tenants thru your WiFi or cellphone network, it is very easy to install.
Using the touchscreen, you can easily find and call a specific corporate department or person in an apartment building. The person called can answer the intercom using an app on their mobile device, or a standard telephone. It’s easy to view, talk and then release the door.
This wireless system is excellent for new or replacement installations. It connects to the tenant’s smartphones for completely wireless communication. The tenant can see and speak to the person at the door. Since the system uses cellphone data, they can control the door from anywhere in the world.
There are three mounting options. The TruView-Touch7 Apartment Intercom can be mounted on a wall or flush mount, or select the hood for outdoor installations.
The IP apartment intercom offers more than the basic functionality of a classic door intercom.
There are many excellent benefits such as being able to see who’s at the door. The visitor can easily select the person’s name from the list. If the selected person does not answer the call, an alternate person in the same apartment can be called.
Features of Apartment Entrance Touchscreen Intercom
- Interactive touch screen display allows users to select the apartment or person
- This TruView-Touch7 is available with a 7-inch TFT type display.
- Graphical user interface
- The Video Entry Unit controls door entry using a Smartphone App
- Administration portal provided by cloud web-browser interface
- Audio noise-cancellation provides clear intercom sound
- Integrated IP Camera that can be viewed on App
- Integrates with elevator control
- Integrates with electric gates
- Connects to your mobile device using a network, WiFi or cellular communication
- Fast to deploy, easy to maintain
- Power PoE or 12 VDC
- Learn more about the benefits of apartment intercoms
How to Purchase Your Apartment Intercom
Here’s how to order your Intercom System:
- Call us at 914-944-3425. We are available 9 am to 5 pm EST, Monday through Friday, except holidays. If we are not there, leave a message and we will call you back.
- If you don’t want to call, fill out our request form. We will get back to you very quickly.
- You can also send us an email [email protected]
- We will determine your requirements, provide suggestions with pros and cons, and pricing so you can make an educated decision.
- If the equipment we provide doesn’t meet the manufacturer’s specifications, you can return it.
The Apartment Building Intercom is Cloud-Based
The lobby intercom panel connects to the cloud server to the mobile app on your smartphone, making this intercom very easy to install.
Video and Still Image – Date and Time Logging
The resident app and management portal display an image of all pin uses and a five-second video of all video calls with date, time and name of resident called. Data is stored for 90 days and can be exported via CSV
Limited Use Pins
This allows residents to send an entry pin from the MyDoorView app via text to a guest that will auto-expire after a pre-determined time and/or predetermined number of uses from 1-99. All successful and failed pin uses will capture an image. More than five failed attempts in a row will notify management by SMS text and/or email with images.
Other Intercom Panels: We offer many other IP intercoms. You can select from a variety of videophone solutions, as well as audio-only versions. Contact us for the complete line up of panels and systems available.
Answering the Door with Mobile App
View the person at the door and talk to them using your smart mobile device, or the wired phone. These devices allow you to open remote doors that have an electric lock.
More details about the VoIP phone and mobile app are described below.
The Answer Button: When someone presses your doorbell (or call button), the mobile App starts automatically, and a real-time picture of your visitor appears on the screen. Press the round answer button on your mobile device, and you can immediately hear and speak to your visitor. Push it again to hang up.
You have the option to open your door to welcome visitors, or to send away the unwelcome ones. Push the button with the key on it to unlock the door remotely. Of course, this assumes you have an electric lock on your door. Let us know if you need help with your lock.
Configuration: The controller establishes the connection with your mobile device through a WLAN or 3G/4G network connection. Establishing a connection requires only a few custom settings. Typically, these include your IP address and the port of the Mobile controller or external SIP provider.
From the App you can:
- Answer the Intercom
- Unlock the door
- View the door camera
Contact us for help downloading the app. Call us at 1-800-431-1658 or 914-944-3425.
Apartment Intercom Specifications
|Display||Panel Size |
800 x 1280
|Hardware||Processor||Quad Core A35|
|2GHz + 5GHz|
RJ45 10/100 (PoE)
Relay x 2 RS485
Micro USB x 1
|Multimedia||Microphone||Echo cancelling mic|
|Power||Power Supply||Either 12V DC or POE|
|Dimensions||10.25” x 5” x 1”|
|Options||RFID Card Reader||Buzzer and LED, 125KHz/13.56MHz, |
EM4100, Mifare s50 S70, Desfire, FM1208
VoIP Phone for Answering the IP Intercoms
As an option, you can answer the IP intercoms using our VoIP phone. This VoIP phone includes a 3.5-inch display so you can see who’s at the door even before you answer it.
This unique VoIP phone includes:
- Intuitive menu structure
- 3-way conferencing (bridge on phone)
- Caller identification on display Directory (250 entries)
- Import/export of directory/phonebook
- Speed dial
- and a lot more
How the Multi-Tenant Network Attached IP Intercoms Work
InterCam Mobile is a video intercom system that connects to your network. You can select a single apartment intercom or multi-tenant building (or corporation) intercom unit. These IP connected intercoms are designed for use with smartphones.
The IP Multi-tenant intercom can be answered using your mobile device using a special app. It makes it very easy to open a remote door from anywhere. The app on your smartphone can use a WiFi network or cellular phone system to communicate with the intercoms.
This is very easy to install. The intercom attaches to the network and allows you to communicate with all your smartphones. Using your network router you can connect to mobile devices using WiFi or cellular 3G / 4G connections.
The following diagram provides an overview of how the IP multi-tenant intercom system works. When a person selects the person in the apartment building a message is sent to the app on their smartphone. This opens a communication channel that allows the person at the door to see and talk to the person inside the building (or anywhere).
The message passes through the local intercom server, and then through the network switch and router to the cloud server. The intercoms have the intercom server function built-in. The message is sent from the cloud server to the smartphone. Once the connection is established the tenant can talk to the person at the door. They can then remotely unlock the door. The IP intercom system provides an increased level of security because it allows the tenant to see the person at the door.
Learn more about How the Apartment Intercom Works.
What is the Best Apartment Intercom (2023)
The best apartment intercom depends on your specific requirements.
Comparison of the most popular apartment intercoms.
The following list compares some of the leading apartment intercoms. These intercoms all include touch panel and communication to tenants. They can be used in apartment buildings or in large commercial organizations.
Kintronics TruView-Touch7 Apartment Intercom
The visitor can easily select his contact person via name. If the selected person does not answer the call, alternative subscribers such as the colleague of the same group, a mobile number, or others can be predefined to be offered by the system to be called.
- Very easy to install because it is powered using PoE and provides a wireless connection to the tenants
- Easy to use touchscreen
- Group calling. One call from the panel will call all devices in the group. Residents create their groups in the app
- Cloud-based user management system
- Mobile app can answer the lobby intercom request.
- See and hear the visitor at the door
- Automated License Recognition for garage door entry
- Give secure access to delivery companies like UPS, FedEx, Amazon, USPS and food delivery drivers
- Temporary access codes with ability to set expiration times
- Maintains call logs
- Add optional Face Recognition or key-card access for tenants.
- Tenants can also use their wired telephone for door control
- Optional elevator controls
Aiphone Apartment Intercom
Aiphone has provided analog intercoms for many years and recently entered the IP-based network market.
IXG Series IP Multi-Tenant Video Intercom:
- Uses a cloud-based app
- Requires a Window client for management
- Uses tenant-based intercom stations
- You’ll need to combine multiple components to achieve the functionality that comes built-in with modern video intercom systems
- Aiphone has discontinued IX Mobile from Jan 1, 2021 so mobile functionality is no longer available
Alpha Communications Apartment Intercom
Alpha Communications has provided two-wire intercoms for many years and recently entered the market with their AlphaTouch® Cloud-Based PoE Video Intercom System
- Provides one-time QR codes for visitors
- Supports any number of door entry stations and any number of apartments
- 3MP 120° view high definition camera
- Scrollable touchscreen directory
- SIP-based telephone dialing. Receive and transfer video calls on mobile app and phone.
- Remote centralized management through the AlphaTouch Cloud Portal
- Integrated access control
ButterflyMX has made intercom panels for apartments for several years. They rely on specialized installers to maintain their products.
- ButterflyMX can be installed next to the door via DC power, internet connectivity wire CAT5 or CAT6 cables; connected to an external UPS to provide power backup; and/or installed on a dedicated network connection in order to provide higher Internet connection reliability.
- Ability to see door release event history for up to 365 days
- Manage tenant and visitor permissions
- Integration with property management software (PMS)
- Remote unlock feature for tenants or guests through smartphone
- Visitors can be sent virtual keys for managed access
- Two-way video intercom calling
- Expensive: Smallest unit starts at $3,995, about twice the average cost of other video intercoms
- Installation from in-house, low-voltage electricians. This is highly limiting if on the ground support is needed. Customers report a lack of timely support due to no service contracts with local security companies. If something breaks, there is no contract to get someone to fix it asap.
- Primarily an intercom system, which still requires a separate access control solution to be installed. This increases installation cost and overall operational overhead.
- Large butterfly panels could be a space constraint and increase cost of labor and install in smaller spaces
2N is a European-based access control company offering various door access and communication systems. It was recently purchased by Axis corporation, which manufactures IP cameras. 2N offers suitable multi-tenant intercom systems for residential and apartment buildings. They make low-cost solutions for multi-tenant buildings.
- 2N IP Verso has a touchscreen keypad, address book, fingerprint reader, and Bluetooth
- SIP support available
- Built-in Ethernet port
- Entry methods include RFID, Bluetooth, touchpad, and fingerprint reader
- 2N devices can be bulk-managed through the 2N Access Commander. It’s a browser interface that allows:
- Access control configuration
- Device management and monitoring
- Multiple site control
- Time and attendance management
- Visitor card management, and more
- Does not require master stations
- Owned by Axis, so offers good integration with other Axis products
- Can retrofit with legacy systems such as RFID card readers and fingerprint scanners
- Built-in night vision camera
- Free onsite configuration support
- Easy to install and start using
- Assemble required; the biggest grievance with a 2N entry system is the lack of ‘plug and play’ installation. 2N intercoms are modularized and must be ordered and assembled separately.
- Low quality audio; the voice and video quality of IP intercom can be affected by electromagnetic or RF interference
Learn More about Apartment Intercoms
The following resources are available to help you understand the technology and select the right apartment intercom for your application.
There are several things to consider when selecting the apartment intercom. Some features and functions make the apartment system safer, easier to install, and easy to use. This article helps you understand the important issues to consider. Read more…
This article describes what an apartment Intercom is and how does it works. Read more…
The first intercoms were developed in the late 1800s. This article describes the evolution of the apartment intercom. They used speaking tubes to talk to other people in the building. The IP intercom is the latest way of hearing and seeing the person at the door. Read more…
This article describes the four levels of defense that help to provide increased safety and security to people in a multi-tenant building. Read more...
Intercom systems can be complex because they include many different components that have to work together. Kintronics is a resource for engineering and integration of all your security projects. We can design your complete system so don’t hesitate to contact us for assistance.
After purchasing your system we make sure that it works exactly the way you expect. You can contact us for help with your installation and any technical support you may need.
We provide technical support and warranty support. Contact us at 1-800-431-1658 or 914-944-3425 whenever you need assistance.
Kintronics, Inc. 500 Executive Blvd. Ossining, NY 10562 Tel: 800-431-1658 or 914-944-3425 (outside the USA)