- Isonas IP Door Readers
- Enterprise IP Access Control Door System
- Biometric IP Door Readers
- Mobile Credential Readers
- Wiegand Slave Readers
- Access Control Software
- More IP Access Control Systems
- IP Bridge
IP Door Access Control
Door readers are either network-attached and include a built-in controller or are slave-type that are designed to be connected to a separate controller. The network-attached type readers are intelligent and are referred to as IP door readers. The Isonas IP readers and the biometric IP readers are examples of network attached intelligent readers. Wiegand connected readers are examples of slave-type door readers that connect to a controller.
IP Door Reader/controllers provide the Intelligence at the door. There are three types of systems. All these access control systems are connected to the network and use PoE.
The Isonas IP reader includes the controller function in the reader. The Hartmann door access system uses a separate network attached IP controller located at the door. The professional biometric IP readers also include a built-in controller. The Isonas system is easier to install while the Hartmann system is more flexible and provides increased functionality. For more about the wiring topography of these access control systems, take a look at our article, IP Door Access Systems Wiring.
The Isonas system is best for small to medium systems while the Hartmann system provides the advanced capability for small to enterprise solutions. The Biometric access control solution is best when you require increased security.
Isonas IP Readers | RFID Door Readers | Fingerprint and other Biometric Readers | Long Range Access Readers
Isonas IP Door Readers for Access Control:
- Network attached reader
- Powered over PoE
- IP Door Readers support HID, Smartcard, and Mobile credentials
- The IP reader provides 12 V DC for locks so a separate power run is not required
- No control panel required
- Your smartphone can be used as the credential with the RC04 IP reader – Bluetooth connect using Pure Mobile App
- Operates even if the network is down
IP RFID Proximity Access Control Readers
The IP door readers connect to the network using TCP/IP protocol. They are just like any other IP network device. You can choose the Isonas IP readers or the pro-series IP readers.
The latest Isonas RC04 readers are available in a number of different styles and capability. You can select models that mount on the side of the door frame (mullion) or on the wall. The models provide the option to use your smartphone (Bluetooth) as the credential.
The Pro series of IP Readers provides more functionality such as built-in camera, elevator access control, long-range capability, fire alarm door release or emergency lock-down. You can also select biometric readers that verify the person rather than the credential (card) they are carrying. The Biometric IP door readers from Kintronics use fingerprint, finger-vein, or facial recognition to provide increased access security.
Features of RC04 Family
- Reader-Controllers are available in two models: Multi-card technology (125kHZ and 13.56 MHZ) or a proximity-only version (125kHz).
- Pure Access cloud control software – control your doors from anywhere
- Mobile Credentials Supported using Bluetooth® Low Energy (BLE) allows customers to utilize the Pure Mobile application and use their smartphone as their credential.
- Local mode feature allows readers to function without a connection to the network. This results in faster user response times, less network traffic and reduced host system loading.
- Tamper detection via accelerometer senses any type of altering and prevents a security breach with the reader.
- The optional External Door Kit (EDK) provides an increased level of security.
- Secure data transmissions with AES 256 bit encryption
- Metal back plate provides additional security, simple two-piece installation and consistent read range
RC04 Family of IP Door Readers Specifications
Features of RC03 Family Specifications
- Reader-Controllers are available in two models: Smart card technology (13.56 MHZ and 125KHz credentials) or a proximity-only version (125kHz credentials).
- Intelligence at the door – A single PowerNet™ is capable of storing 64,000 cardholders, 5000 access events, and 32 time zones which can be configured and accessed by an external host system.
- IP architecture allows management of thousands of Reader-Controllers on a single computer across a geographically disbursed network
- DB Crystal Matrix Software is no longer available. Pure Access Cloud and Pure Access Manager have replaced DB Crystal. With Pure Access Cloud, you can control your doors from anywhere.
RC03 Family of IP Door Readers
Power: PoE or 12 V DC
Read Range: 2″ – 5″ typical read range
Electric Lock Power: Available power: 0.6 amps at 12 volts
Interface: Ethernet interface, 3 monitor inputs & 2 TTL outputs
Dimensions: 1.625 X 6.750 X .940 (mullion)
Environmental: Meets FCC Part 15 certification, ambient operating temperature -40° to +50° Celsius (-40° to +120° F), operating humidity is 0 100%
- Exterior Door Kit
- Mullion trim kit (for gang box)
- Pigtail cables – 10, 25 ft.
- In-rush suppressor
- Wiegand interface module
- Door sensors
- Request to Exit buttons
- Electric Locks
- Pure Access (cloud)
- Easyweb (for RC03 only)
- Active Directory Bridge
- Badge Printing
- Visitor Management
Biometric Readers for Access Control
Biometric readers such as fingerprint and facial recognition systems are also available.
Biometrics is a safer way to control door access. It’s more secure because you are identifying a person rather than something the person is carrying. The door credential can be stolen, but your face can’t. To learn more about biometric door readers, take a look at our video, “How Biometric Readers Work.”
Application Note – IP Readers:
These IP door readers attach to the network providing an easy to install security system. This is new technology doesn’t use a central access control box. Each reader has all the intelligence that used to be in the central control box. This means you can start with one reader and add new readers very easily. For more information about how this new IP access control technology compares to the old technology, take a look at our article Comparison of Door Control Systems.
The latest IP readers support various card credential RFID proximity formats. Besides using credentials, you can use pin codes or even your smartphone to open the door. Select readers with keypad, indoor or outdoor models, with trim kits and pre-cut pigtail wiring. The readers accept HID, Isonas format proximity credentials, and include a choice of pigtails (10′ or 25′).
Since these door readers attach to the network and use PoE (just like IP cameras) they are very easy to integrate allowing you to create a complete security and safety system. We provide complete integrated systems so please contact us (914-944-3425) for help designing your system.
IP Bridge for Classic Door Readers
IP Bridge hardware allows you to convert panel-based access control readers at your existing doors to our pure IP solution. By replacing the subpanels with a direct network connection – and eliminating the need for specialized wiring and backup power – IP Bridge not only allows you to grow your system but also to save money by reducing equipment and maintenance costs on your existing doors.
Door Access System Integration
We provide integration of door access control systems with IP camera systems and door intercoms. These door locks can be integrated with IP camera systems and intercoms that can be used to manually control entry. Contact us for help in creating your IP security system.