Isonas Door Access Control
IP Isonas door reader/controllers provide the Intelligence at the door. This professional access control system is connected to the network and uses PoE.
The Isonas system is easy to install. The controller includes all the Power for the electric lock It also provides connections for door sensors, relays, Request to Exit (REX) buttons, motion detectors, and more.
The Isonas system supports proximity credentials and mobile credentials that use your smartphone to open the door.
RC04 and RC03 Family of IP door reader/controllers connect to the network using TCP/IP protocol. They are just like any other IP network device. You can choose the Isonas IP readers or the pro-series IP readers.
- Network-attached reader
- Powered over PoE
- IP Door Readers support HID, Smartcard, and Mobile credentials
- Supports Mobile Credentials
- The IP reader provides 12 V DC for locks so a separate power run is not required
- No control panel required
- Your smartphone can be used as the credential with the RC04 IP reader – Bluetooth connect using Pure Mobile App
- Operates even if the network is down
The latest Isonas RC04 readers are available in a number of different styles and capabilities. You can select models that mount on the side of the door frame (mullion) or on the wall. The models provide the option to use your smartphone (Bluetooth) as the credential.
Features of RC04 Family
- Reader-Controllers are available in two models: Multi-card technology (125kHZ and 13.56 MHZ) or a proximity-only version (125kHz).
- Pure Access cloud control software – control your doors from anywhere
- Mobile Credentials Support using Bluetooth® Low Energy (BLE) allows customers to utilize the Pure Mobile application and use their smartphone as their credential.
- Local mode feature allows readers to function without a connection to the network. This results in faster user response times, less network traffic and reduced host system loading.
- Tamper detection via accelerometer senses any type of altering and prevents a security breach with the reader.
- The optional External Door Kit (EDK) provides an increased level of security.
- Secure data transmissions with AES 256 bit encryption
- Metal backplate provides additional security, simple two-piece installation and consistent read range
RC04 Family of IP Door Readers Specifications
Features of RC03 Family Specifications
- Reader-Controllers are available in two models: Smart card technology (13.56 MHZ and 125KHz credentials) or a proximity-only version (125kHz credentials).
- Intelligence at the door – A single PowerNet™ is capable of storing 64,000 cardholders, 5000 access events, and 32 time zones which can be configured and accessed by an external host system.
- IP architecture allows management of thousands of Reader-Controllers on a single computer across a geographically disbursed network
- DB Crystal Matrix Software is no longer available. Pure Access Cloud and Pure Access Manager have replaced DB Crystal. With Pure Access Cloud, you can control your doors from anywhere.
RC03 Family of IP Door Readers
Power: PoE or 12 V DC
Read Range: 2″ – 5″ typical read range
Electric Lock Power: Available power: 0.6 amps at 12 volts
Interface: Ethernet interface, 3 monitor inputs & 2 TTL outputs
Dimensions: 1.625 X 6.750 X .940 (mullion)
Environmental: Meets FCC Part 15 certification, ambient operating temperature -40° to +50° Celsius (-40° to +120° F), operating humidity is 0 100%
- Exterior Door Kit
- Mullion trim kit (for gang box)
- Pigtail cables – 10, 25 ft.
- In-rush suppressor
- Wiegand interface module
- Door sensors
- Request to Exit buttons
- Electric Locks
- Pure Access (cloud)
- Pure Access Manager (on-site)
- Active Directory Bridge
- Badge Printing
- Visitor Management
Isonas Access Control Management Software
The Isonas door management software is available as a cloud subscription or as an on-site license. The advantage is the cloud service which is provided as a subscription service. The software provides basic access control functions that make it a good small to a medium solution.
Door access control can be implemented using intelligent network-attached IP reader-controllers or by using an IP controller with attached readers.
The reader-controller connects directly to the network. There are three types of network-attached readers:
IP Controller with Reader(s)
Readers connect through the controller to the network. Up to two readers can be connected to the network-attached controller
Access Control Comparison
The professional biometric IP readers and Isonas reader/controller include a built-in access controller. The Isonas system is easier to install while the Hartmann Enterprise access control system is more flexible and provides increased functionality.
For more about installation and the wiring topography of these access control systems, take a look at our article, IP Door Access Systems Wiring.
IP Door Access Control Technology
This is a new technology that doesn’t use a central access control box. The intelligence is at the door with the reader instead of being in the central control box. This means that you can start with one reader and add new readers very easily. For more information about how this new IP access control technology compares to the old technology, take a look at our article Comparison of Door Control Systems.
The latest IP readers support various card credential RFID proximity formats. Besides using credentials, you can use pin codes or even your smartphone to open the door. Select readers with keypad, indoor or outdoor models, with trim kits and pre-cut pigtail wiring. The readers accept HID, Isonas format proximity credentials, and include a choice of pigtails (10′ or 25′).
Since these door readers attach to the network and use PoE (just like IP cameras) they are very easy to integrate allowing you to create a complete security and safety system.
We provide complete integrated systems so please contact us (914-944-3425) for help designing your system.
IP Bridge for Classic Door Readers
IP Bridge hardware allows you to convert panel-based access control readers at your existing doors to our pure IP solution. By replacing the subpanels with a direct network connection – and eliminating the need for specialized wiring and backup power – IP Bridge not only allows you to grow your system but also to save money by reducing equipment and maintenance costs on your existing doors.
Access Control Management Software is used to add all the users who will be granted access to the doors. The management software allows you to control who enters, at what door, and when they can enter.
Take a look at all the IP Access Control Systems available.
There are Long Range Access Readers That can be used for applications where the credential is far away from the reader such as a gate used to control entry to a parking lot.
Door Access System Integration
We provide integration of door access control systems with IP camera systems and door intercoms. These door locks can be integrated with IP camera systems and intercoms that can be used to manually control entry. Contact us for help in creating your IP security system.