Sony’s latest 4K IP cameras provide very high resolution and excellent low light performance. They use very large sensors and the latest high-performance image processors.
There are two models available, the SNC-VM772R IP dome camera and the sensational SNC-VB770 box IP camera. The SNC-VM772R dome camera tested very well against the competition, while the latest SNC-VB770 box camera far exceeded the competition for clarity, and low light performance.
SNC-VM772R Features and Specifications:
With four times the resolution of Full HD, Sony’s first 4K network security camera brings industry-leading clarity and sensitivity to critical video monitoring and surveillance applications.
Thanks to the camera’s large, highly sensitive 1.0-type back-illuminated Exmor R™ CMOS image sensor, high-speed image processing engine and high-quality zoom lens, the SNC-VM772R captures detail-packed 4K/30 fps video footage with a minimum illumination of 0.06 lx – even in near darkness.
- Excellent low-light capabilities are further enhanced with in-built IR illuminators for true night-time coverage.
- Edge Storage (onboard recording with memory cards) safeguards recordings during network outage.
- The camera’s outstanding image performance is enhanced with features, including Optical Image Stabilisation for steadier pictures.
- Quick, simple installation and setup (SNC toolbox mobile).
- The discreetly styled mini dome camera features a ruggedized vandal and weather-resistant design that is ideal for tough round-the-clock video security and surveillance assignments, indoors or outside (IK10, IP66).
Sony SNC-VM772R IP 4K Camera Specifications
|Image Sensor||1.0-type progressive scan Exmor R CMOS sensor|
|Number of Effective Pixels||Approx. 20 Megapixels|
|Minimum Illumination (50 IRE)||Color: 0.1 lx (F1.8, 1/30 s)|
B/W: 0 lx (IR LED On, F1.8, 1/30 s)
|Dynamic Range||Equivalent to 90 dB with View-DR Technology|
|Lens||Built-in zoom lens, with remote focus, and zoom|
|Horizontal Viewing Angle||70.7 ° to 27.5 ° (16:9 aspect ratio)|
76.6 ° to 29.8 ° (3:2 aspect ratio)
|IR Illuminator||Wave length (typical): 850 nm, IR LED: 30|
50 m (30 IRE)
164.0 ft. (30 IRE)
SNC-VB770 Features and Specifications
- Thanks to ultra-high sensitivity, the SNC-VB770 4K network camera operates at a very minimum illumination of less than 0.004 lx – to capture exceptionally detailed 4K/30 fps color video. This camera is excellent for low light applications.
- The SNC-VB770 uses the 35 mm full-frame Exmor sensor, which is developed based on Sony’s most advanced image processing technology. The sensor captures significantly more incident light than conventional camera sensors to bring drastic improvements to the sensitivity.
- E mount lenses maximize the performance of the 35 mm full-frame sensor, keeping high resolution across the entire image area from the center to fringe.
|Image Sensor||35mm full-frame Exmor CMOS sensor|
|Number of Effective Pixels||Approx.12.2 Megapixels|
|Minimum Illumination (50 IRE)||0.007 lx|
(ISO409,600, 1/30 s, F1.4)
|Dynamic Range||Equivalent to 100 dB with View-DR Technology|
|Lens||E-mount FE lens (option). Can select from a number of very high-performance lenses|
|Video Resolution||4240 x 2832, 3840 x 2160, 2880 x 2160, 1920 x 1080, 1440 x 1080, 1440 x 960, 1280 x 720, 960 x 720, 640 x 480, 640 x 360, 320 x 240, 320 x 180|
Security systems can be complex because they include many different components that have to work together. Kintronics is a resource for engineering and integration of all your security projects. We can design your complete system so don’t hesitate to contact us for assistance.
To learn more about IP Cameras check our IP Camera Resource page
After purchasing your system we make sure that it works exactly the way you expect. You can contact us for help with your installation and any technical support you may need.
If you would like help selecting your IP camera system, please contact us at 1-800-431-1658 in the USA, or at 914-944-3425 everywhere else, or use our contact form.